2010/04/16

Howard and Alex had a great wave-sailing session

The unusual strong wind in April makes all the windsufers in Penghu really excited.
After missing the best wave condition for several days, Alex and Howard finally came to Longmen at the right time. The tide just started to retreat and big and steep waves came one after another.

Alex made great high jumps and tried many back loop. He also made a lot of buttom turns and cut-back at the tip of the waves.

Howard, in the mean time, landed a successful back loop.



After taking pictures for about 10 minutes, I went into the water and seeked my my share of wave sailing. The wave condition was indeed fantastic. But it did not last very long. I had one bad landing with my head hitting at the sail and broke my 3.3 sail.
Immediately, I changed to my next smallest sail, 3.7. I was over-powered all the time and, for the one moment, thought this 3.7 sail felt like 7.3 sail. My strength dried up after one hour. Looking forward to a great kiting session tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment